Friday, June 10, 2011

Juliet and song of songs

"Who is this?"

It came to mind that there is a verse with this at the start. I checked and it's from Song of Songs and actually there are 3 references that start with "Who is this?" and I came across the second one.

Who is this that appears like the dawn, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, majestic as the stars in procession?

Song of songs 6:10.

It made me think of Romeo and Juliet, Hark! who is this?

"But soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the East and Juliet is the sun. Arise fair sun and kill the envious moon."

Then, in Sting's song Fields of Gold, he talks about "the jealous sun"'

All these different poetic references of jealous moon or sun.

Anyway, I think some of the saying are references to scripture, which makes it great to know some of the Bible and then be able to catch meanings.
**********************
I think my new intellectual interest is to find all the references in writings of Founding Fathers and the law, about why it is wrong to allow members who have allegiance to one country (such as the Vatican) to be in U.S. leadership or government.

No comments: