Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ideas

I was looking out at the city? townscape and the name "Darren" came to mind but I don't know why. Who the hell is Darren? I have no idea and I don't have a last name either. I think I've known one Darren in my entire life? and that was back in high school I think. There are a ton of "Darrens" in the world so I have no idea why one came to mind. That's like a frickin' needle in a haystack.

Very weird. Listening to different music and this one from Robin Hood, "The Adventures of Robin Hood" with errol flynn, got to me. I didn't know it and haven't heard it before but the strings and horns are so beautiful. I could strangely see dance movements. I also felt connected to "As Far As Florence" which I peeked around to see what this is from and it's off of The English Patient. I already knew the one by Nina Zota, 1968, "Romeo & Juliet" because this is what I did my Cyrano de Bergerac performance in jr. high to, with an elephant nose strap-on as my "mask". It was so melodramic and I couldn't finish without cracking up laughing.

Anyway, I'm wondering what "Darren" is about. I asked God to give me something as I was looking out into the lights and spaces without lights on the horizon and I didn't expect to get a name...instead I asked to "look" in the right direction and then a name flashed up: Darren. But I don't know any Darrens. Maybe I'm just supposed to pray for a Darren out there somewhere.

The piano playing in "How Could You Lose Me?" from The Firm (1993) is exactly my Dad's style. Whatever that style is, right there, that's what I grew up with.

No comments: