Thursday, March 24, 2011

Open My Eyes That I May See (psalm 119:18)

Weird coincidence.

I wasn't going to write what verse I got today, just going to keep it to myself.

Then, I felt like looking up Oswald Chambers' reading for the day and then I decided to look up the Church of England book of common prayer and find the reading for the day.

I don't know if this is a regular psalm for everyday or just for today, but it is the same as the paper I got.

The site I went to was "churchofengland.org/prayer-worship/join-us-in-daily-prayer.

You could choose "contemporary" or "traditional" readings for the evening prayer and I chose traditional because I sort of like (being an English Lit major type) the classical form of language now and then.

And it lists a prayer for forgiveness and asking to do good and give thanks to God above all, and then...

I don't know what I landed on but it's a book called "Wisdom" about please give me the right heart to rule from a throne. ???

No comments: