Thursday, August 18, 2011

And You Can Keep The Change...

I have had a bad feeling ever since I picked up this stereo I was given. It works better than the other one, it's a little newer and nothing seems broken. But something is wrong with having it around. It makes me think of someone who abandoned me and my son at the most crucial time. I picked it up and wondered what was rattling inside. I thought, "Is it broken?" and realized, "Oh, it's change."

At least for tonight, I say, "You Can Keep The Change" and I took it back and don't want it in my house. At least I'm honest with myself.

And I don't sell out. I negotiate material things, but I don't sell my values.

So I took it and set it on top of the BBQ grill.

By the way, I wasn't the "change artist." Kate was. I was the Rembrandt.

No comments: