Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Me (couple of pics): Ezekiel




I wrote why I'm putting up a few photos today. I am going to put a couple up of my arm as well, to show what the laser marks look like. Oh, I've decided against the arm photos. The marks are still there but I'll put up photos of this later. I wrote why I decided to put a couple of pics in today,on my last post. Maybe I'll just put one up for now. I wrote "Ezekiel" because it came to my mind after I put up my photo. I'm sure someone was sending that to me. But I put it down anyway, as I like the meaning of the name: "God will strengthen". I read too that christianity, judaism, and islam all acknowledge Ezekiel. In Islam the name means "Double".



My own reading from scripture today was when I got up (late) and I randomly turned to (I don't think it was Ezekiel but let me see...)



It was Isaiah 45:20-21 (but it's good down further too and mentions, at v. 24, "They will say of me, "In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength". I read starting at:



"Gather together and come;


assemble, you fugitives from the nations.


Ignorant are those who carry about idols of wood,


who pray to gods that cannot save.
Declare what is to be, present it--


let them take counsel together.


Who foretold this long ago,


who declared it from the distant past?


Was it not I, the Lord?


and there is no God apart from me,


a righteous God and a Savior;


there is none but me."


I looked up 2 classical painters today. Henri Mattise and Anthony Van Dyke (flemish baroque). I typed in someting for plumbline and famous paintings and these guys came up.

No comments: