Saturday, March 28, 2009

Exxon

Last night I had pizza in bed with Exxon. He's been getting up really early in the morning all the time and then last night he said he didn't have to work and that he could sleep in. I woke up early and got dressed and jumped out of bed and was ready to go by 8 a.m. He looked at me, at 7:30 a.m., and asked where I was going. I told him "church" and then for coffee. I WAS going to go to the church and then I realized it was Saturday and not even open. I forgot, again, what day it is. Yesterday I thought it was Saturday and today I forgot again because I was still thinking yesterday was Saturday and today was Sunday. So I went for coffee and noted all these people around me. At any rate, first Exxon was like no big deal and then all of a sudden, he said HE needed the car or something that morning. I said, "You said last night you were going to sleep in and that you didn't have to get up early in the morning." He just stared at me and said okay, he'd call when he needed it. ?

Classic example, I think, of a man wanting to know where his "property" is going, and not liking it if SHE leaves early in the morning. It's fine for the MAN to leave at 5 a.m. every single morning, for "work", but it's not okay for a woman to leave HIM tucked-in-tight-and-snug in the baby blankies.

It's the "If I Were A Boy" video all over again. I'll bet Dabney and Exxon work for the same people. I'm going to need a nickname for Dabney...oh, I forgot, it's Spiderman.

No comments: