Friday, March 20, 2009

Migraine Today

I am having another migraine. I started getting a slight headache this morning but I didn't think it was migraine. I thought I needed some coffee. Then it went into a migraine.

Right now, at this moment, my left eye is extremely droopy. I have a full-on migraine. I took the steroid stuff and it just FLARED my normal headache into almost instant migraine. It might not be the steroids at all though. I don't know.

Alvaro just came in and I asked him if he could tell. He said yes. He said, "ooooohhhh...what's WRONG?!!" and I told him I was having a migraine.

This is NOT a good day for a migraine. It is not even fair, just, or normal. I am pissed I didn't take any marijuana this month to prevent this.

For some reason, the Percocet doesn't help with the migraine. It really, really, helps with the back pain. But it doesn't help with migraine pain. Once I got a migraine going, full-blown, it usually took 2 10 mg. shots of morphine. Oregon used Demerol and it sort of worked but I still had to take stuff on top of it. The morphine actually worked best, at aborting the migraine, or stopping the pain so I could sleep the migraine off.

One shot of 10 mg. did nothing for the level of pain. It just wasn't enough. If I didn't get the right amount, it was just 3 days of being completely inoperable.

No comments: