Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Music & Thoughts Today

I have to go to the DMV and some other places today to find out about getting a license updated and some other things.

But I'm going to listen to a little music first. Heard "A Dustland Fairytale" which made me cry. That is one well-crafted song, with some legitimate storytelling. I think, something I like about Bradon's vocals, in this song, with the sense of urgency, is the way he gasps for air, the deep intakes, raspy, before singing the next verse, which goes so well for the entire message. It's like, I'm dying and I have something to tell you before my last breath, and I'm trying to tell you as quickly as possible. Telling the audience, in sort of an anthem, but very dramatic too. I wonder what the video is like but I don't want to see it yet. Or not even dying, but maybe just ran across the country or just next door, at full speed, to give someone the message. Knocked on the door and gasping for air,

I like "Crawl" and Black Kids "Look at Me (When I Rock Witchoo)." I like this one for being experimental like a New Order, old hip hop/rap fushion. Really different. Kind of techno too. I am learning the terms for these different genres.

Yesterday or the day before, I heard this song about someone picking bugs off of plants, well it was a guy singing about this woman who used to pick bugs off of plants or something and it was like someone had read my blog, about how, when I was little, I was out in the garden picking Potato Bugs off of plants. and then the rest of the song sounds like my life.

This one by Muse, "Soldier's Poem" is one everyone should hear. It totally reminds me of Beatles. I mean, goes without saying. But it's different too. I stopped writing when I heard it, sort of in my tracks, to pay attention. It made me think of "glub, glub, glub" in the bathtub but in a submarine going down and rising romantic way. I like Editors "Camera" but it's sort of forgetable. Yeah, forgot it already. I've heard other stuff by them that I liked. Pigeon Detectives "Don't You Wanna Find Out" is another one I think is forgetable. But that's just the song itself, not the band. You can't really judge a band by just one song, but...I don't know. If I heard those songs in a club I'd never remember...Then I hear Arctic Monkey's "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor" and that's where it is for me. Even though there are repetitive elements, it's something I'd go back for. It has sort of a punk (?) drive, the very cool and strong English accent, good lyrics, and, in this song, good punctuation. The timing is nice. I Like The Bravery "Fearless" and it's better than the others, but still slightly forgetable. I like the organ or bagpipe sound. The Kooks "Jackie Big Tits" is good even aside from the title. I always laugh at the very end of this song, because you can hear the smile in their voices. I like the sound engineering on that one too. Good mixing and structure. The round and round and round chorus is cool because the title is in the corner, just like the woman in the song. It takes center-stage...i like the organization of this song, sort of put together like a Quentin Tarantino film. Zutons I like but not Zuton Fever. I like the lyrics of "Paper Doll" by Louis XIV but not the music so much. I would be tired listening to it too much. I do like Razorlight's "Dalston" and it makes me think of Fight Club in a song. Like a great boxing match with a choir in the audience, and a mystic with a charm swinging back and forth saying "you're getting sleepy, sleepy, sleepy..." Even though it's so loud, at the end, putting someone in a trance. "Passing the Hat" by Cold War Kids I like. It's not spectacular, but I'd listen to it more bc it has the visuals for me and there's something to think about with this one even. I like "Jacqueline" as well. By Franz Ferd. but it's not my favorite by them. I like the drums in "Halo" by Bloc Party. They're such a stand out for me but even though I like them this much, I wouldn't listen to them a lot because it's dark. The mood is, and too much would get to me. I like the "No 1 in Threesome" by Interpol for the piano and especially right after the first chorus, when he says "let us be free" and then it shifts, and...I don't know. this one makes me think of layers and levels of heaven and someone dropping back and forth between the holes in the sky (in a good way). Keane's "Perfect Symmetry". I like the line "i dream of emails,..." and the rest. It's not my favorite, I think because of the vocals in this one. "Spitting Games" by Snow Patrol I like. It's romantic too.
**************************

I think I would like to have a job where I can have flexibility and travel right now. I was thinking about it and if I could get something where I'm able to fly anywhere I want, pretty much all the time, I wouldn't be confined to Wenatchee while still able to visit him (my son) whenever I want to. And one where I could work from outside of the office, on a computer or something. Because then I could work wherever I was, if I had to be in Washington or elsewhere. I don't know if I can do this, but I'm going to see if I can get a job like this. I want to do something with music but in the meantime, for fast bread and butter, maybe a sales job if I can swing it. I've not done sales though, although I've turned down really good offers in the past after they knew me and thought I was suitable. I hate hard selling and small stuff though. I'd have to believe in the thing I'm selling. They say a good salesperson can sell anything but for me, although I could, I'd rather believe in it, for my values and principles. Then I'm impassioned. I don't know. I was going to do waitressing bc it's fast cash but if I have a different sort of job that makes actual good salary cash, and would be flexible, I could take care of Washington and pay for suing them too for their violations. And, honestly, anyone in my family who continued to slander me bc part of my problem was them. I may call this one guy and see if he's serious about music. I am only thinking about my son and getting him back. I am still going to try to talk to some international people.

**********************************
The Hives "T.H.E.H.I.V.E.S." I like for the ambitious claim or statement "we rule the world". OK Go's "Get Over It" is fantastic. I like The Automatic's "Recover" but it's a little dark lyrically. I like "Bright Idea" by Orson.
************************************************

I think the phone at the house is monitored sometimes or something. This had already crossed my mind because of the weird beep I hear and because my ex is wanting me to only use the house phone. And last night, when I told him I'd talked to someone about the situation regarding marriage, he wanted to know which phone I had used. Why does it matter? He said, "Which phone did you use?" and then said, "This phone?" and pointed to the house phone. I said no. He said, "Which phone did you call from?" and he said my cell phone? and I said "No." I told him, "No, not my cell phone." and told him I had used a phone from some random friendly person at the cafe. He sat there, thinking. So my whole thing is, it doesn't matter "which" phone I'm using unless someone wants to know which one for checking a tape on it to hear what I said, or because they're concerned someone else could hear or something. I mean, who cares which phone I'm using?! then he wanted to see the card from the guy i said offered me a job. it was buried in my bag so i didn't want to dig it out and let him know i was just going to call him today.
***************
going to get some things done today and back later. my ex asked me again when it was that the state was going to cut off my rights to my son. he wanted to know the date yesterday and then i don't know what's going to happen tonight bc we discussed some things last night and i told him i need to get a p.o. box for receiving my mail so i can get things from the state and other people and he wants me to have it sent to one of his friends' house but i said no, this hasn't been working. i haven't received my mail at all for months and i need to have a p.o. box. that way, if i don't get my mail, there is only one office to blame and i know my mail isn't being withheld or stolen. i also have to get a license and he knows this and i was supposed to get these things taken care of today, just basic, basic, essentials, and he was putting it off. saying we'll "talk about it" tonight when we talked about it last night and other nights i've told him what i have to get done.

No comments: