Saturday, March 14, 2009

songs i'm singing tonight, working it out

I am singing tonight. I decided to go for The Fray's "Heaven Forbid". I can do it. I can do a harmony and I can do a cover of this one. My voice is a little between the cranberries and some ethereal thing on this one, but going to the higher notes, it's possible to get into the higher sarah brightman second soprano notes. This one can be worked in an Irish folk fashion. this one can be worked all over the place, from the strength and power to the delicate suggestion. it's possible to sing this one differently every time. recreatable. i wonder if there is a mic built in with this computer bc if i find it, i'll record my rough version.

there's mic capability but i can't find any music programs for recording. i went to the control panel and looked up all options for volume and sound and for voice and speech and there's definitely set up for it, but i don't see any programs for actually turning on a recording device and saving to cd or playing online. darn. i wonder how much it would cost. at least i could keep some ideas in one place and mess around a little. tape recorders are cheap and low tech, but you know what, they're great. i am a big advocate for the rough draft on a simple tape recorder. the only thing i don't like is it's not transferable....oh, wait, i got a new digi recorder...so i could probably record and then plug in and download. i hate technology. i hate following directions. i'll have to figure it out i guess.

I think the first cover i'd put online, if i do one rough, though, would be "feelin' good" by pussycat dolls. absolutely fabulous baker brothers here i come honey song.

Okay, I just spent the last ?? half hour trying to figure out how to upload original audio. I tried the video link thing on blogger and it was a no go. So then I read I have to import from lastfm or something but that's not what i want, because what I've done is scratch and rough and original. So I'm trying to find then, how to locate a "host" for my audio and then i have to somehow link it. My back started killing me and I'm out of Percocet (big problem here now) and took a valium. I have to say, valium is far better than flexeril, for muscle relaxant. flexeril is like sleeping with a bulldozer in your brain. that stuff is exactly WHY i refuse to try things like "lyrica". lyrica. what a joke. like a lot of musicians are composing masterpieces on "lyrica". or writing lyrics at all. i mean, I am not knocking the effectiveness of some medications for serious seizures, or maybe constant shooting nerve pain, but my pain is different. anyway. I made a very short short of a part of feelin' good, where i don't know the words and go off-key at the end, but my tone quality is alright and for coming out of the blue with something, not even knowing the words to the song and being cut off by lastfm for playing the song too many times (4 times) in order to learn lyrics, i did alright. i'll post it, if i can figure the fuck how.

Huh. that was easy. you just google "host for audio" and there are free sites. well whaddya know! it's done.

I think...this is my link? http://www.zshare.net/download/5706195801cf26be/

Well, I don't know if this works or not. It's not my best at any rate, anyway, because I don't know the words at ALL, and not too sure what I'm doing either, but I tried. I will have to actually work on something for more than 2 minutes and then record it and post it. maybe i'll do that tomorrow.

homie's in bed, snoring. i thought colombian's are night owls and he's out at midnight on a saturday night. darn. i thought i had "a room of her own" for awhile.

eww. just listened to it playback. it's terrible. nice debut. well, i am going to practice a little tomorrow and then put another version out, with the correct lyrics and the expression worked out as well. it's a fun one to sing, i have to say.

No comments: