Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Boyfriend Flashback (Another Leftie)

Things in my life couldn't be any weirder right?

Everything comes to a standstill at a hospital where it's same old, same old. My boyfriend is suddenly not seeming to be as highly intelligent as I thought he was and I'm trying to figure out if this is the result of old head injury which he doesn't remember, or if he's just pulling a fast one, and WANTS me to think he's not as smart, for whatever reason. It's like I'm dating twins.

So everything else moves at a snails pace and then I hear, over the loudspeaker:

"Patrick Jolly, please call the operator" or whatever, for an employee to pick up a line. And what the hell? because the name is not a common one, and it's the name of an old summer boyfriend I had in 2004 or 2005. He wanted to be a rocket scientist and seriously went to college for engineering and then some kind of rocket science, a very good school, though I cannot remember what that field is referred to as. He actually said he loved me and wanted me to convert so we could be married. He was 22 and I was 30 I think. Actually, I think he was maybe 21. He looked even younger than that, and the looks we got! He looked like he was 16 sometimes. Blond, tall, blue eyes. Wait, I'm not totally sure about blue eyes. they may have been brown, I'm thinking they were brown, possibly green?

I just heard his name over the loudspeaker. It is probably not the same person. But I don't know, maybe he stayed with science but switched from rocket science to medicine?

We met as he was doing a science experiment at a stream next to my house. I wanted to go out in the bushes but he was more private. Well, that was after I got to know him better. He wrote to me by email later, but I kept telling him I wasn't going to become Mormon and I didn't want to lead him on. I would have actually considered marriage with him if conversion wasn't a precondition. He left a love note telling me he loved me before he left and then wrote by email until I said what was the point of writing as "friends" if he wanted to be married to me, which was more than friends, and wished I was Mormon the whole time? He talked to his Dad and Mom about me, he said. I said 21 was a little young for him to be thinking about marrying me and I was so much older (8 years I think but maybe more because maybe he was 20? It was just really young, but I know at least 20 years old). We got along great and laughed a lot. Took walks holding hands as people drove by staring incredulously because he had such a baby face and my hair was chopped off in what I thought was a "pixie cut" but made me look horrible. And sort of lesbo I think because a lot of guys started asking me if I was a lesbian around that time.

I don't know how much of what people have told me, in my life, is really true anymore. All I know, is that this is what he said, and his parents knew about me. Then, he was so serious about the Mormon stuff but wanted to get a next summer rendezvous on. I asked him how that added up in any way. He said he missed me.

I guess he really missed me, but LOVED me? He asked if I loved him and I said I cared about him, but no I was not in love with him. I would have continued to stay with him if he'd not had to go back to the other state and finish college out in the masters or doctoral program or whatever.

OHMIGOssssh. He was a fucking LEFTIE TOO!

What the hell.

He was an engineer and he liked to do some drawing. He was left-handed. So weird I now remember this.

I am also just remembering...He gave me one of the nicest compliments I've ever received. He said he liked me because I was "different" and when I said what did he mean, he said he'd never met anyone like me and he liked how I was "intellectually curious."

So nice huh! I mean, someone could have complimented my looks, but this was my inner person or being and he commented on it. He also said he really liked the color of my hair and my eyes. He was sort of gangly back then, but lean and I was definitely attracted to him. He was um...A+.

I really have never judged people by their age. Some people are older than their years and some are younger. He was able to handle me just fine, even being younger, at 20 or 21 years. Maybe he was 22. I think he graduated early because he was so smart. He got into the college he wanted, and I had thought he was going to work for NASA. People were already headhunting him. Really, he was brilliant but very down to earth. I think he's the only guy I deliberately seduced. lol. ;) It was so worth it too.

How weird if he is down the hall or upstairs or downstairs working in the medical field where I'm being treated. I would say it's a very small world.

Leftie though. I had totally forgotten until today. My boyfriend says his father is left handed. I asked if he was ambidextrous and he said no, he's a rightie. But I've seen him do a lot of things with his left hand too. But interesting, no? that his FATHER is a leftie.

My world is one where lefties are drawn in like magnets OR I'm just drawn to lefties for some reason, myself and find them subconsciously.

And my son is a leftie! hurray for lefties. I love all of you.

As for P.J. (don't want to name him to save him from embarrassment), I sort of found him on my own. He was in a stream, with this other guy and I was walking by and just stopped and asked what they were doing. They said a lot of people walked by and never asked. But I did, and I stopped and lingered on the bridge, watching them, and then I hit it off with P.J. and we exchanged numbers or something and I invited them over for lunch or dinner. I learned about their protocols and that they were from Utah. I still wonder though, if they were who they said they were. I had the address and phone number and email for P.J., but I still wondered.

Oh what the hell, I guess I'll write his name out. I've written the names of everyone else. Patrick Jolley. I think it was maybe spelled Jolly but it is pronounced "Joe-lee".

No comments: