Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pot Prez, Yes!

Finally! A President who approves of pot. Smart man, I know. I am so excited to read this news that Holder agreed the DEA should not raid medical marijuana clinics.

I am so hopeful the U.S. will make some huge strides forward. I am seriously feeling optimistic on this.

Oooh like Ani Difranco's "Shy". I usually would keep my music in a music post, but today and tonight all my rules and organization are out the door.

I came to the sobering idea that I may be more "J" or more of a judger than I thought I was. And, I think I'm more of an Itrovert than maybe I thought. I don't know. I thought about taking the MMPI again. Next to my fiance, I'm the J. Or I turn into the J. Next to him, too, I think I'm an I. He's quieter it seems but actually more of an out there, wanting to be with lots of people all the time and talking type of person. I like my people, especially when I'm working bc it eases the boredom. But I do like my private time, in a room with lots of people.

Melissa Ferrik! Like this song so much "north carolina". yay! whooo is right.

You know what, I think my ring size is a 4 and a half. It's a 5 to get it past my knuckles but when it's on, it slides a lot. I have a narrow heel type of a finger.

When I looked at the ring, from an artist mindset, I saw this little stone with the prongs around it and saw a kiss, blown, closed mouth, open Marilyn Monroe style to say hello or goodbye. I saw the fingers pulsed together in an Italian pinch, opening just enough for the punchline, or the point.

Like Jonatha Brooke's "Landmine". Pretty, and like the stars shining and spinning and chiming as they bounce off of one another sound in the background. Small fireflies.

Erin McKeown's "Hum". made me smile right away. still smiling. love the "hummm!" at first, i was seeing giddyup horsey and then came the hum. oh, saddles on my face? I guess it IS a giddyup song. lol. so fun, this one! she says, i would rather hUmmmm.

Thinking about pot again. Still excited to see if laws will be overturned and changed. It would be a big day for the U.S and for science and medicine. I really do believe the pharms are making a lot of money off of stuff for migraine that no one would need if they smoked a tiny bit of weed.

Natalie Merchant. What's not to love about her. San Andreas Fault. Didn't Plath or who was it who wrote that fascinating poem about the San Andreas Fault? Oh it's so beautiful, I think it's about the San Andreas one, but it's just amazing. I need to find it, rediscover. Need to get more poetry books and revisit.

Going to bed on the Merchant note. Tomorrow, I will write more about oig. not now. oigo boingo. Goodnight.

goodnight, goodnight. goodnight.

Someone must be in love with me, does anyone think this sometimes? Imagining, hey, i wonder if someone is madly in love with me and I don't even know about it! i see a mayflower dance, at least to this song "It's a Hard Life (wherever you go)" by Nanci Griffith. A circle of dancers coming in together with arms raised and then moving out into a flower in bloom. I see it when I hear the chorus. In, out, in, out, and spiraling into individuals buds, in pirouettes (msp).

I almost laughed out loud, but smiled instead, at Bruce Cockburn's "pacing the cage". What a great idea...and my point of smiling comes when he approaches and then sings "Pacing the Cage". The emotion in his voice right before he says this, and how he brings it all down to that one phrase, is wonderful. It is the strongest element of the song, this quieter moment. Sung as life is constant and alive, with some of the raised elements of awareness, and then...pacing the cage. a quiet tiger. or lion.

going to bed now. so tired. oh shit. it's almost four? this sucks. i need to get back onto a scheduole, a normal one.

No comments: