Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pain Train & Getting Nowhere

I guess people might think you don't write if you have pain but I have been known to write no matter what. Obviously. I was trying to write when I and my son were going through the severe pain problems when we were in Wenatchee. And I am certain anyone who really knows what level of severity I was at, is suprised I could write at all. I'm glad to be able to write now because while my back and stomach hurt, my hands and brain are fine. And this is me, on 1 mg. Diauldid and 5 mg. Percocet and there is no noticeable difference between my writing style on "narcotics" or off of them. The problem is, right now, I'm not on enough painkillers to help with the pain and the pain is getting WORSE, which is concerning to me.

My boyfriend was with me when I went for ultrasound just now. They only did the first part, on top, because I was in too much pain to do the intravaginal part. This is after getting pain meds and only two days after having an ultrasound with no problems. I went for ultrasound two days ago and it showed remaining parts left in the uterus and the cyst, and free fluid in the pelvic region. I also read the report and that's what it says, that the miscarriage is NOT complete. Which is what I've been saying for months.

This miscarriage is NOT completed.

Not only that, no blood test has been done to confirm there is no HCG. A blood test was done at GW a week ago and I still had HCG and then they told me here that my HCG was NOW down to ZERO but they didn't even check through a blood test. They did a urine test and there is a note in my chart that someone made, that I need to have the blood test done because urine will not rule out ectopic and early pregnancy, or lower levels of HCG. This hasn't been done yet. So I have to ask a doctor about this.

When I went for ultrasound this time, my stomach was still hurting even though I'm on pain meds, but it is my whole stomach and uterus. The woman was doing the external ultrasound and the right side she didn't push down on or it wasn't painful, but when she got to the left side, my left, she pressed down and I almost jumped off off of the table in pain. I yelled out and everyone was shocked. Then my whole stomach hurt after that, more than before, and to my knowledge, there isn't even a problem with my left side ovary. I think all the issues are on the right. So she either pressed a lot harder, which I didn't THINK was the case, or there is something going on with the left side, by the ovary, down low.

In general though, the pain is generalized throughout the uterus area and that's what the first ER guy detected, was pain in the uterus.

I have to have the other part of the ultrasound done, but I was crying after this first part and I asked to speak to the doctor about pain control before doing the intrauterine part.

I've been told I have to wait for a doctor still, and it's been all day and I've seen no one. So I called to ask to have the ultrasound finished now before radiology is closed because I'm worried they close at five and there will be nothing to go to the doctor about and I know there's something going on which will probably show up on sonogram. So I have my emergency pain pill leftover in my bag and I'm dosing myself so I can grit my teeth and get through it.

What the hell...I just heard someone page overhead for the name of a guy I dated in 2005, who wanted to be a rocket scientist. Literally. New post about that.

No comments: