Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What The Radiologist Said! Incomplete Miscarriage

Yaaaay! I got the best radiologist ever. I knew from the start, this woman knows what she is doing. And she was training someone else in this, and I found out she's very experienced. Radiology is 100% human operated and dependent upon good skills.

This woman made NO BONES about what was going on. She said it was VERY CLEAR there were still retained products and that my continued bleeding is because of my body's attempt to push this process through. She pointed it out to everyone, how clear it was, that I had an IMCOMPLETE MISCARRIAGE. There are leftover products and it's obvious. She said it is very odd that any doctor would say I didn't need a surgery or would try to dispute there were retained products of conception.

She thought it was very strange anyone would claim my miscarriage was completed. She questioned WHY someone would want this to be so when it was clear this wasn't the case. She kept saying who are these doctors that say this? I said I don't know, but I think it's weird too and GW was saying this as well. Salemy at GW didn't want me to have any care at all. So anyway, my doctor here who first said no surgery was Dr. Skinner and then I got Dr. Bearnstein today who said he thought if there wasn't a problem on ultrasound, we'd look at other stomach evaluations and diagnostics.

Now, with radiology docs saying it's practically a liability to let this go on, when it's been going on for almost 2 months, I feel some relief. Things will be alright. It looks like the ectopic is smaller and going away and the other cyst is resolving a bit, on its own as well. She said it looked like whatever was inside of the ovary was hemmorhagic. So that was my baby and now I guess it is bleeding. I guess? But she said the uterine lining was all ragged and uneven and it was clear it was retained products. Then there was blood too, in the uterus and she said it wasn't from a period but from my poor body's attempt to fix the problem.

I said to her, "Can you believe this? It's like I've been in labor for 2 months."

I told her I was feeling the pinched sharp pains in the cervix too. Last times I've had a pap it was normal.

My new night nurse is great. He's from Vietnam. Really cool and on top of things and funny.

I feel so much better, because the problem has been made very clear. It means I need a D&C and then I can move on and my body can have a fresh start.

I might have to find out if the Jolly who works here is the same one I used to know. Maybe tomorrow, because I'm a little tired tonight.

I kept thanking the radiology people, over and over. Sort of gushing, and it's odd, but what else could I do? She must have thought it was excessive, but if she only knew how much I'd been through for so long! I'm just glad someone sees what I've been trying to express for months, and that there is validation for my claim that this miscarriage was never completed.

Now, if this is fixed before it goes septic, and my back gets checked out and fixed, I will be in GOOD shape once again.

No comments: