Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Boyfriend's Name Change to "Viao"

I asked my boyfriend to come over and visit and when he did, I was on the computer. We talked a bit and then I was tired so I said I wanted him to be here with me but could we not talk and did he want to sit in a chair and I'd work on the computer and he could read? He looked at me. He said, "You called me to come over and sit in a chair and not talk to you?" He said, "You want me to be your salonist, your driver, and your cat?" I laughed and I said I just wanted to be together but without talking. I said, "Just like a man...Like an hombre, si?"

Then we spent the day together and I told him I want him to cuddle with me on the bed and we could watch t.v., after I finished with the computer. So just now, he said he was going to go because he's been waiting and I said, "No! not yet! I'm almost finished!" So he looks at me and says, "You like your computer more than me. You choose your computer over me. I am second to the computer. You think I should change my name to Viao? No, I know, next time I'll come wearing a t-shirt with a big Apple on it and antennas from my headband. If I look like a computer, you love me more?"

By then we were both laughing. He can be very funny when he wants to be. I think I'm going to tell him this is what I want him to wear, a computer costume. For me. I am not really fulfilling my dream vision of marrying in my newspaper dress of cream but I think that's a vision for something in my future, perhaps, for some other day and time and person. For this wedding, what do I wear? it should be fun. If he's going to wear a Mac shirt (fitting in more than one way)...hmm. I said I'd buy a dress and write on it and he said something about wearing a shirt with writing on it. i thought, "hmm, has he been reading my blog?"

Okay, I have to go. I'm tired and my future is looking brighter now that the spotlight is focused on what my medical problem is. I get nervous, always waiting to hear I have cancer, but this is okay. I'm going to be okay for the short-term at least. And at least for today, I am enjoying the company of my boyfriend and his time with me. And maybe later tonight I'll sneak in an image or two, but not all these images are inspired.

No comments: