Friday, February 13, 2009

Copy of Motion for Reconsideration

Motion for Reconsideration With Extension of Time for Medical Reasons

Your Honor,

I had a petition filed against me which was not true. It was made by the same party which tried to illegally evict me and physically assaulted me.

I wanted to appear for court but I was given the wrong time and date, and I was being seen in the hospital for injuries sustained by the assault and for other medical complications from a miscarriage which I’d been going through at the time.

I wanted to try to get my medical records and the police reports so I could enter this information into the court docket in my defense, and I spoke with a court clerk who said I could submit a request for reconsideration.

However, I have not even been able to work (I work as a waitress) because of these injuries and have had to relocate because of the assault and other reasons.

I need to obtain a copy of the police record, to show you how I had been the one to first call the police and how the petition was filed as retaliation and wasn’t true. Not to mention that while it was being filed, a friend to the woman filing assaulted me.

I am actually willing to let this woman who assaulted me, off, out of grace and mercy. I believe she knows what she did was wrong and she may be able to find a way to get help she may need for anger and racial issues. She kept making racist comments towards me and I believe what is important is not that I make her pay, but extend goodwill to her, when she knows she was in the wrong. I have moved away besides.

However, I do want to prove that this happened to me, and I also want to have the restraining order against me dismissed, because I can prove lack of cause, and because I don’t want marks against me which are false and unfair.

Because of my medical issues and having to relocate last minute and work complications, I’ve not been able to get to your court to file necessary papers for extension of time. I am
Asking for Your Honor to please give me a little more time to collect documents and to defend myself. I couldn’t be at the hearing because of injuries and problems which were created for me by this mess.

I also did get some of my medical records, but the main hospital which evaluated me, asked me to pay quite a lot of money for the records so I’m going to collect these after they give them to a doctor, without charging him and then he’ll give them to me.

I appreciate your consideration of this matter.

Sincerely,
Cameo L. Garrett

No comments: