Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Man with Van

I want to clarify, the man who drew the star of David who I said tried to get me into his van, he was very nice. He was offering me a ride home but I wouldn't go because I was afraid bc he'd made a lot of suggestive comments. He said he had a wife, and that he didn't mean anything by it, but I just got nervous. At any rate, I had a nice chat with him, and noted what he drew on paper, because it was interesting the way he drew it out, right after I'd been looking up triangle symbolism after wondering why I had just written a poem with my hair as a triangle in mind. Sometimes I write things and don't know why I got an image in mind and look it up later to see if it means anything. I sometimes feel I get an impression about something but don't know what it means. So then he drew this and it caught my attention. He bought me something to eat and listened to me while I couldn't stop myself from crying silently, about the missed miscarriage (it was before I miscarried). But after he asked me several times to give me a ride home, I ducked out when he was in the bathroom. I looked at the van and my imagination went wild: silence of the cameos. but it wasn't like he was just out of the blue and creepy or anything. I was a little confused because he seemed familiar somehow and like a friend and listening ear and then he was making other comments when he was married.

He said he was Jewish and that I could move to Israel. I said I didn't think I could because I didn't know of any Jewish heritage. I can't remember what he said to that but said I should move there. He said why don't I work and get back on my feet so to speak and I told him I couldn't for medical reasons right now and that I just wanted some country to offer me and my son a place to live, and to approach me and I would work and write in return. He said that wasn't going to happen and I said why not?

I met this really nice Jewish nurse today with Romanian roots and we had a nice talk and it reminded me about this guy and to clarify my discussion with him. I think geneaology is interesting. I wish I knew more about my family.

No comments: