Thursday, February 12, 2009

Trying to Get Visitation Set Up

I sent two different emails to my family and CPS in Wenatchee, asking to have visitation set up and scheduled for me and my fiance. I haven't heard from them yet but I'm hoping to have this set up for when we fly into Wenatchee.

I almost get the feeling my family is threatened by the idea of my marrying. In this day and age, I think it comes down to what kind of control they might have or be able to exert over me.

I think my family prefers me, at this time, to be single and more under their control. They want to call the shots, especially after I said so much about them on my blog and became the definitive "black sheep".

I seriously question exactly what my own family's motives are. It's like, if they can't control me, and what I say, they want to control or be in control of my son.

Being married, sad to say from a social stand-point, still offers some "protections" in the sense that there is still a patriarchy, an idea that the husband may speak for, or about his own wife, the idea that 2 parent (man-woman) homes are the standard for children, and other things.

I can see, in marriage, a kind of partnership, which is beneficial, but as much help as it offers, there are also things that set people back in some ways. Your time is divided in many ways.

Today, I wanted to go downtown to the mines bureau. he didn't want to go and thought i should do something better with my time. but it's always what i want tht i cannot do.

on the other hand, it might be good for washington idiots to think this is "the taming of the shrew" and that my husband is the "straight man" here. the one who thinks it's unreasonable to go into d.c. for a tour of the mines bureau.

i think he has a lot to offer though and that my family and the state will like him. he's also generally supportive of what i want to do--he's not trying to change my direction i don't think. i feel free to decide for myself in general.

No comments: