Friday, February 27, 2009

Engagement RIng

Tonight I was given an engagement ring.

I didn't know what to think. I was surprised because I thought we were doing this on
Sunday.

It's pretty, and I like it. I find myself thinking about so many things, so many thoughts running through my head. I had ideas for a poem or image but I'm too tired now and my back really hurts. I'm seriously having problems with back pain.

I find myself wishing for different things and reflecting on different things. I don't know how to explain so that's all I'm writing for tonight.

I wanted to go out for dinner and chose authentic Mexican food. I don't know why, but for one moment, I saw myself several years ago, sitting across from Mike Tancer, and I remembered the shirt I was wearing and how he liked it, and how pretty much, well, it was a marker in some ways, in my life. I remember that night and then thought about where I was now. I think I thought of him because I saw someone today, in a truck, that looked how I think I remember he looked. It's been too long to remember clearly.

Listening to Indigo Girls. Took my second Flexeril. I hate Flexeril. It just slows down the brain but i'm almost out of Percocet, which is really what helps me most. I did try marijuana in the hospital but it did NOT work for me. I felt it sort of got the the circulation going and actually temporarily intensified the pain, for me. Maybe it was better later? I don't know.

When I listen to music like this, the Indigo Girls, I feel no matter what happens, everything is going to be okay. Even when my fiance is coming in, drunk, which is very rare for him, after partying with some Colombian friends in the room next door. All night, Colombian music. like it, but you know why people in every culture need the music they grew up to be okay. He needs his Colombian music and I need my American and English music. lol. :)

He is just never drunk and doens't usually even drink. Well, what can I say, I would be too, if I were thinking about marrying me.

Our friends just knocked on the door. I am in bed with the computer and he came in, happy with the buzz. I made him stay on his side. Me no gusta ti veracho, I said. We said, in unison, to the knock on the door, "Entre!" I said, "Quieremos mas personas aqui, queieremos dos mas personas en el cama!" joking of course and we were laughing. They wouldn't open the door. I said, "Entre!" and my fiance said, "Entre" and I said, "Entre sin ropas!!!" and cracking up he opened the door and there was our friend looking over at us. i'm with the computer and my fiance was in his dress shirt. I told them I get the computer for my partner and I wasn't going to share.

Like Long Ride Home by Patti Griffin. ooh, like the lyrics and the undulation of the guitar on that lick at the end. This is a "i thought about it and decided you suck" song.

I like this one. I think I could sing it. If my back ever gets better, I am totally up for that anise flavored liquor from Colombia and a good dancing party. I like "Troubled Mind" by Catie Curtis, but I couldn't it better than she sings it. She does a nice job with the sighing yodeling work, well, reminds me of yodeling, and voice cracking.

My boyfriend comes in saying he's crazy, seeing me in bed in the dark, typing on the computer and singing "Come To My Window" by Etheridge.

No comments: