Thursday, February 19, 2009

No Doctor All Day

I guess my "case" got assigned to Skinner, the doc who thought she knew everything without looking at my records, and who violated HIPPA and then lied about it. Again, the actual HIPPA thing wasn't that big of a deal, but I would have preferred she just admit it and say it won't happen again, and she's sorry, than try to pretend she did nothing wrong. I don't even want to know what the excuse is for thinking I don't need a D&C before seeing records.

At any rate, I didn't see a doctor all day until after 5 yesterday and they were going to supposedly fix my pain med problem (one nurse thinks it's that I'm simply running out too fast bc they're IV meds and don't last as long as the chart wants them to last), and right now, it's after 7 p.m. and I still haven't seen a doctor, despite trying to reach one all day.

Okay, now I found out there is someone outside reviewing notes and about to see me. But he's part of the Skinner group. I guess it's a group. I don't mind, but I told the nurse, my case is formally assigned to Skinner and I don't want her on my case at all and want it transferred to someone else. The nurse said I could talk to this male doctor, a partner but the deal is that if he's not around, I'm still stuck with Skinner as the attending. The nurse said why not just stay with Skinner because she thought I said I had a good repoire with her. I told the nurse, no, I didn't say that. What I said, was that I would like to have LUNCH or COFFEE with Skinner, but I wouldn't want her to EVER be my DOCTOR.

Then I named the reasons why, and they're good reasons.

All of these last posts have been so boring, I don't know why anyone would want to read them, but maybe some can sympathize with trying to get the ear of a good doc.

Questions:
1. why am I on doxycycline? what is the suspected reason? did a culture come back positive for something?

2. my back hurts and leg is increasingly numb and have incontinence. will i be having anyone to look at this while waiting for other obgyn things?

3. is a D&C being scheduled to clean up the retained products from this ongoing miscarriage? i've been in frickin' labor for 2 fucking months and in the last week the pain has been increasingly severe.

4. will someone please review and amend my pain control so that it meets the pain levels I'm at? i was taking 2-3 percocet at home with no relief, plus max. advil, and what i'm given in the last 2 days is just one step above this and it doesn't last as long as the chart wants it to. i've been in pain and would like more constant pain control until there is a surgery or things are figured out, please.

No comments: