Thursday, February 19, 2009

Questioning Doxycycline

Why am I being given Doxycycline? I just looked this up and there is not one reason why this is indicated in my case.

Doxycycline is given for a variety of things but the only things that even come close to matching anything to do with pelvic problems is treatment of chlamidia, syphillis, and pelvic inflammatory disease and I don't have any of these things.

I've never had an STD and I haven't tested positive for anything recently, and I don't have pelvic inflammatory disease either. I don't have problems with sex or just weird pain. I have pain for a fucking good reason, and this doctor is IGNORING the reason.

She put me on fucking doxycycline?

It is far more harmful to put someone on a strong antibiotic, when there isn't sufficient reason for it. Doxycycline is extremely strong and I don't have fucking lyme disease, or Rocky Mountain disease, or any of the things it's used for.

The only thing that she might be thinking she's using it for is PID, pelvic inflammatory disease, which would explain why she seems to think Toradol is going to be so fucking great for me when it does NOTHING to alleviate my pain.

If she's just thinking I have some kind of pelvic inflammation, duh, she's going to give me Doxycycline and think Toradol works just fine.

That's NOT THE FUCKING PROBLEM.

LOOK AT THE FUCKING RADIOLOGY reports again! Maybe spend some TIME on them since you didn't think it was important before you started prescribing CRAP for me to take which my body doesn't need right now.

I'm just getting worse.

The problem is right in front of them and this doctor refuses to treat my pain adequately and refuses to schedule a D&C.

Until someone explains to me why I'm taking SO MUCH Doxycycline, I'm not taking anymore. I should have looked up info about it before I agreed, like a dumb sheep, to take it.

I have to check everything these doctors fucking do.

I just talked to a patient's rep who came in looking defensive but by the time I explained things she was supportive and totally understood. She can see I'm not being petty but have legitimate concerns, so she's going to try to help. She's going to have someone look at helping me with pain too.

I told her, in general, all my care here has been wonderful. Which is true. I haven't had a problem with anyone and the attitudes have all been good. Even Skinner was a really nice woman, she just didn't listen to me. But overall, the experience here has been much better than I hoped for.

No comments: