Tuesday, September 28, 2010

morning

The bad vibe sort of left last night as I was leaving the library. The farther away I was, the better I felt. However, it was hard to discern because sometimes I've picked up on feelings of family or people close to me, and it's not that they are bad, it's just an empathetic feeling if someone is down (I guess).

I looked up the religious article on CNN first thing this morning. They then had a quiz from Pew Research, which I took. It was 10 questions and I missed 1. I didn't guess what some might think I would guess though. I should learn more about the Eastern religions because I have a pretty good handle on the other ones. I got the legal question right too--it was the one about Indonesia that I missed (I won't say what I chose in case others want to take the quiz).

It was shocking to read that the education level is that low, overall, with regard to religion in general, and they had Protestants and Catholics at the bottom (I think just for the U.S.). The Atheists and Agnostics were the highest scorers, it said. I am not sure how scientific the study is, and where they pooled from though, so that would affect everything.

I looked up Indonesia and then India, on wiki. The food featured in the photo for Indonesia made me hungry...it is probably very good. I liked the motto of India, "Truth Alone Triumphs".
**************************************

This morning I decided to ask for more help in getting insights to put pressure for people being willing to admit they were wrong, as I have done myself (or tried to, for my own benefit, God, and as an example), or to get involved in returning my son.

But I didn't have a lot of time to pray so I only got a very vague idea of something about Michelle Obama--a large wooden cooking spoon. That was this morning, at about 8-9 A.M. PST. I don't really see her cooking when they have a chef, but that is what came to mind, but without any focus or a good connection to prayer so it might not be that big of a deal.

Yesterday I got a passage from scripture, from Jeremiah about how the captives will be set free. I thought of myself and my son. Then, I got a passage out of Isaiah, about how since people did not listen to the peaceful waters of Shiloh, which asked for peace, there will come great floods in the future (it's metaphorical). That fits for me because for so long I only asked for peace. And some people didn't agree with that or want it. Then I read Job last night when God answers him out of the whirlwind, and Job reminds me of Psalms a lot.
*********
Also, I forgot to mention, I had a strong impression of a young man playing piano yesterday. Must be classical pianist but not sure, all the way down the scales, to the very end and intricate. that was yesterday. don't remember what time.

No comments: