Monday, September 13, 2010

Tried a beer, poured it out

I tried a new beer today but I didn't like it so I poured it out.

I like stouts but this one was so strong and had so much anise in it. Maybe cut with cow cream and sugar, in a dessert or something. Won't say the brand bc I'm sure lots of other people like it. I like the more mellow stouts.

This one was like espresso mixed with strong beer and a LOT of anise.

Actually, maybe in coffee with cream and sugar...does anyone ever add beer to coffee? I don't think the lighter ones but maybe a really strong dark one?

I looked them up and I guessed they are described as being "like" coffee. And some do add sugar and cream.

I guess they used to be served with oysters. That would be my kind of bar.

I think I like chardonnay or a white wine with shellfish best but stout...? might be interesting. I could never pass up on clams, oysters, or mussels.

No comments: