Saturday, September 18, 2010

this morning..

Last night I read a little bit but mainly I've been thinking about and praying more for my son. Still freaked out about getting wardrobe images sort of correct so I haven't even tried. Didn't try to guess anything at all actually except it did cross my mind that Putin was already awake, when I was looking at the clock at 8 somthing p.m. (I've learned it's 12 hrs difference from U.S. to Moscow) and without praying or asking for anything or focusing, I got the idea of blue and maybe yellow but I didn't picture him in yellow (most people don't look great in solid yellows, unless they have the right coloring or right yellow) and then I saw he is wearing blue with a yellow and blue striped tie (I think, if it's an accurate photo).

I was going to wear red-maroon, and it looked cozy and I wore it the first part of this morning but it had cat hair all over it so I switched to a yellow sweater (before looking up any news for the day or anything). I had worn it last night and then again this morning. I almost wore black again but thought I'd worn black and beige a lot.

What's funny is that I thought about this Mcdonalds guy (not vladdie laddie) one time I went in, in the morning, who wore a blue shirt with a yellow and blue striped tie and this came to my mind this morning.

I see Obama has worn a red tie a couple times in the past days and I was getting this, but for a specific day I couldn't find a photo for too, and I gave up looking.

Then, this morning I made breakfast.

I think people are shocked that I know how to cook at all.

The fire alarm went off and I joked, "Well, S------ knows I'm cooking--instead of the dinner bell, it's the fire alarm...COME "N" GET IT!"

I was going to just have a bagel and tomatoe and skip out but I ended up cooking for others instead. Someone hadn't eaten and asked if I was making breakfast so I did. I made hash browns and omelets but they turned out to look more like crepes.

I peeled the potatoes, then grated them. Put pork and grease into iron skillet. When hot, added the potatoes and flattened them with the spatula and cooked until they were little potatoe cakes. Crisp on the bottom and then flipped them over and seasoned, and then after crispy on both sides, I dissected them with a spatula and turned them over.

Then I set them aside and threw in onions and chives I'd already prepared and diced a day ago. Threw them into the skillet with butter and browned and meantime cracked eggs into a glass measuring cup and whipped them with a whisk. Then I added the browned onions and scallions to the the eggs. Buttered the skillet with a lot of butter and then poured the mixture into pan like a pancake and then turned over and folded.

Then I diced tomatoes fresh (not cooked into it) for a relish to add to it and sour cream. I completely forgot about cheese but when I offered to melt some to drizzle over it they said that was okay.

I wouldn't have made breakfast if he hadn't asked. I was going to run out and then maybe make lunch or dinner.

But he just watched as I threw everything together and had breakfast ready in about 15 minutes and looked shocked.

Hey! I DID cook, once in my lifetime and I was decent at it! (fire alarms never tell the whole story).

I always cooked for my son and he had optimal nutrition and meals. Aside from that, I only cooked for a couple of years out of the house at 18-21 because I was experimenting with cookbooks and spices. Now, I have no cookbooks and just throw things together. But I used to make all kinds of exotic things actually. I made Indian food, Thai, Chinese, American, Italian, Mediterranean, Mexican...everything. I had over 100 different spices in my spice shelf at one time. I used everything from corn husks to coconut milk to sesame seeds to wasabi sauce to different chili peppers too, for additional flavorings, and different oils for everything. My son ate only organic, and then I ate non-organic to save money.

I did something a little silly today, putting a few yellow flowers in my hair, but I figured why not. I tied my hair up with a flower scarf too, but everything looked so plain without anything else and I am working with 2 scarves and maybe 7 shirts and 2 prs of jeans, and 2 prs of shoes and flip flops and some of the shirts/sweaters aren't really top choice, but they have to make do right now.

I sense the sad vibe today. It is sort of cloudy here, but I just feel sort of down.

No comments: