Monday, September 13, 2010

"Rich and Famous: Trump That" (idiotic msnbc article)

I wake up and everyday lately, think of how I need to be confronted in the morning with important headlines with an opening page from wikileaks maybe. If I can set my opening page to wikileaks, that's what I'll do.

Instead, I open up this morning to see the first thing flashing up as an article called "Rich and Famous: Trump That."

Off the top of my head: 2 trumps--brains and character. Might throw in health and independence too.

The idiotic opener is "how did the children of rich parents become rich themselves?"

Do we really need to read the article to make that "lucky guess?"

Children who have rich parents, unless they strike out on their own, foregoing all of the built-in connections, Ivy schools, and perks, are going to have 10 times the advantage of any middle class or poor class born child.

What is far more impressive, is when someone who has absolutely nothing rises up to a great position or success, with their integrity intact. That does not occur very often.

Here is my evidence for shooting down Steven Hawking's theory that the universe is self-generating, from "nothing". How often does any citizen, in any country, rise up out of "nothing". Money makes money and without it, one cannot even generate interest.

To be the child of a rich parent doesn't take brains. It takes birth into privilege, period. There are a lot of dumb rich kids running around who get into Ivy colleges on social credit and nothing else. One doesn't have to have brains to hire a few good people to manage your money and starting out with "something" is going to drastically affect one's odds.

Drastically.

So, I find this article really stupid.

It's a great ego stroke to plutocrats and doesn't even apply to anyone else except social climbers whose main interest is social climbing.

It is not notable when the children of rich or successful parents succeed.

So anyway, I'm switching my opening page from now on.

No comments: