Thursday, September 23, 2010

UN Conference

I wanted to see more of the UN conference footage but only saw a couple of clips. I would like to see more and find the actual times of the speakers, just out of curiosity.

It could very well be my son, because it's about his bedtime, but when I was watching these, had such a heavy and sad feeling in my heart. Not sure why. Just a very sad and heavy feeling because there is a lot of suffering and yet people are trying, but there are all these conflicts and so many subtlties at that level. Things only the diplomats and presidents would pick up on...the smallest slight of hand or expression as a measure of goodwill or on the other hand, resistance.

I couldn't write my opinions yet because I haven't seen the full footage. But those UN conferences are not light things. Maybe not a big deal to some I guess, and if you're used to it, perhaps not, but it all felt "heavy" (not heavy like, "hey dude, heavy man" hippie or old skater slang).

No comments: