Thursday, September 30, 2010

(diabetes cure? at bottom) wardrobe guesses & classical music

I haven't solidly focused or prayed about anyone's wardrobe stuff. It takes only a few minutes, but it feels intense and I get tired, though I don't know why bc I used to pray for a long time every day. I don't think I was focusing for impressions then though.

So I have only had a few moments where I sort of absentmindedly wondered, and nothing else, and I found today that, I would like to know the timing of certain photos, but accurate confirmation on some things, and then other stuff I just can't find. One thing from today I was wrong about I think, another idle guess, but it might have been for someone else because I was just allowing thoughts to drift and sort of aligning but not really.

One thing was so precise it is a little shocking, and yet I would like to know what time of the photo to see if it was a remote viewing, a probable coincidence, or premonition.

But yes, I still feel it's best to not share details, maybe just a small bit and only check things on my own, which I feel, is my instruction for now, and it seems right.

I do believe, on the one where it is precise, I think I did spend a little half-hearted effort or prayer about it, and it turned out to be correct. But I do recall having the person in mind and then getting the general colors and then found later that it was true.

There are a lot of things I simply can't check. No photos for that day. And it's sort of pointless if I haven't even prayed about it. I am not, for example, a walking "eye" where I just pick up on stuff random all the time no matter what. I have to ask (ask and you shall receive). When I get random stuff, it's usually a surprise to me and something that benefits others, like when I knew to tell this one woman that her son was going to be alright. I had no cluse what I was talking about, but knew I was supposed to say it, and it meant something to her...that sort of thing.
*******************
Last night I found classical piano and other pieces I liked. I only listened to a few songs, but 2 of the songs were by Bach and piano. One got sort of cut off and went to commercial and then it was I heard a cisterian monk song, and then English Suite 5 in E minor, which I loved and I said, to the housemate, "this one has counterpoint." I told him, "I don't exactly know what counterpoint is, but this one has it, and it comes and goes throughout the piece (or sections)." I said something about how the separate hands were doing something I couldn't describe but it was counterpoint. Then I would say, "Now it's not there..." and then he said, "Well yeah, each hand plays a different part" and I said, "No, I know that, but there is something different about counterpoint and this music has it but I forgot the definition and I don't know enough about music terminology." It was really beautiful. I squeezed about 30-45 mini-oranges ? (clementines) for juice while listening to it. Then they played Concerto for flute and orchestra in D major (Cecile Chaminade) by the London Philharmonic and I then said out loud, after a couple of bars, "It's Snow White in the woods!" He laughed and I said, "Really! There are all the little birds and animals gathering, and the light is filtering through the trees. The woodsman is in the background but it's not known yet." I then sat down and just listened to this one. I haven't heard many flute pieces, but this one was exquisite...fairytale music I thought.

I told him I was going to write these 2 down because I wanted to look them up and see if I was right about counterpoint for English Suite 5 in E minor (and I was!--and whatever it is, I love it! It makes me feel like conducting one way with one hand and another way with the other hand).
My favorite parts of the music were the parts with counterpoint. At least in this piece.

Then I turned to christian music after I'd played a little variety all day and went to bed. Sang in the shower I guess, and then went to bed.

There was one small section of the Chaminade piece that reminded me of Superman movie music. Just a very small section. And then I wondered how the flutist was able to take such deep breaths and control it so well.
**********************
This morning I thought more about Ganesh and Parvati but I have a lot to do today and am working on some research and need to settle into it. I've stayed up late (no psychic spying attempts I'm afraid) and I don't like getting up later in the morning. I like to be out of the door early to make the most of the business day hours.

Looked up symbols for Ganesh. I looked up, this morning, the meaning of the symbolism behind all of the detail in the Ganesha paintings.
*************
Last night I told this guy who is diabetic that I would try to think of things that raise blood sugars in a healthy way. I think he was wrong about some things bc he said potatoes were bad and I was thinking they might be good, like whole grains, because your body converts the starches to a healthy sugar, but maybe not. I said I would wait and see if something comes to mind for a good diabetic diet and this morning for some reason, "cabbage" came to mind, which doesn't make any sense to me so I'm looking it up. too low is bad and too high is bad. I typed in cabbage and get a lot about balancing. but I don't really know why cabbage. It looks like it's a cure for ulcers, from all the sites. It's also a blood purifier and boosts estrogen which works to counteract against precursors to colon cancer. I see it as a "balancer" but not finding research about it's worth as a cure, though it is listed in naturopath sites of maybe 1 of 8 or 10 or so items which are thought to be, in combination, a natural cure for diabetes. It's used to eliminate engorgement and swelling, which made me also think about this man I met yesterday who had gout and he said it was a "swelling" and I looked it up and cabbage is good for gout. (all kinds of cabbage: red, green, purple, white, the yellowish one...they're all included).

But still looking up the diabetes link. I guess with diabetes, it's partly genetic and partly environmental and about working with what you've got. The beans, greens, fruit, spicy, rice and fish countries seem to have a lower incidence rate, in general but there are other countries that consume that stuff with higher incidence. Asia has lowest incidence rate but then I found India (sort of different) at the top of the list. Not sure why.

With cabbage, the top producers are China, India, and Russia but I don't know if they are consuming it themselves or exporting (don't know with India). It is to be used with caution for those who have thyroid problems.

Because of glucosinolates, broccoli, brussel sprouts and cabbage are a good inhibitor of cancer growth, esp. in organs, according to wiki on glucosinolates.

Cabbage is high in Vitamin C and glucosinolates and because it has something to do with glucose (a sugar) I wanted to look it up to see what the mechanisms are in the body, for diabetes. Additonally, some of the countries with the lowest rates of diabetes have cabbage as a staple. Macedonia for example. Mexico is listed as being lower for rates of diabetes and they use cabbage. China and Korea, where they eat forms of pickled cabbage (suan cai or kim-chi). Japan, ..I don't know how Japan might use cabbage. Russia eats a lot of cabbage but it might just mitigate against some fattier foods they incorporate in the diet. I'm not saying cabbage is a cure. Just curious. At toxic levels they can be goitrogens (problems with goiter, in the throat, due to toxic affects on thyroid) however at the right level or sub-toxic levels, they inhibit tumor growth and regulate horomones, which is a factor in diabetes. I guess the U.S. is pretty high for cancer studies, but not as much for diabetes.

Cabbage is also high in sulfur and nitrogen and sulfur is needed, according to the medical articles, to produce insulin.

It's the glucosinolates that contain nitrogen and sulfur and contribute to the bitter taste of cabbage, brocolli, and brussel sprouts.

I looked up fish because of the higher rates of consumption in the countries that also eat cabbage (in general) and fish is also touted as good for diabetes and when I looked up the content, it said it's particularly high in lysine and sulphur amino acids. The studies are describing how Omegas might benefit diabetes but it might just be the sulphur. I don't know.

Sulphur again, which is supposed to help with production of the body's natural insulin.

The Asian countries consume the most fish, and Near East countries of India, Pakistan and Nepal were the lowest consumers (according to http://www.ressources.ciheam.org/om/pdf/c17/96605669.pdf).

Both India and Pakistan were on lists for higher rates of diabetes and they are low consumers of fish, with is high in sulphur. On one list I found, India had the highest rate, with the U.S. at #3.

From my research, most of the countries with the lowest rates of diabetes, are highest consumers of fish as well as cabbage which both are very rich in sulphur, which might help with natural regulation of insulin.

Some of the countries were high in producing or consuming one thing (cabbage) but not the other (fish) and then there were mitigating factors like having the rest of the food on the heavy or fattier side. For example, Germany may eat sauerkraut, but the rest of the food might be on the heavy side, so it only acts as a mitigator, as with Russia. India is a top producer of cabbage but I don't know how much is exported. If they do eat it, they are also the lowest consumers of fish. Pakistan rises to top 10 diabetes lists and they are also listed as lowest fish consumers. The countries which are ranking lowest for rate and incidence of diabetes are both cabbage and fish consuming countries.

I should have cited all the places I went as I found these things out, but maybe some other time.
I didn't get the information from one site. I got it by following a line of reason, and checking different things out and then making a tentative conclusion.

Cabbage came to mind so I looked up nutritional content. I compared this with info about diabetes. I then found out why cabbage is a top fighter and that led to another site about how glucosinolates are high in sulphur which led to to finding how this regulates natural insulin. I then wondered about fish since a lot of the countries with low rates seemed to be higher consumers of fish and then separately looked up what is in fish and found they are particularly high in, again, sulphur. Which then led me to to a site where I found the countries that were ranking high in diabetes (india and pakistan) which are usually good about eating veggies, are lowest with eating fish. And then decided one small factor, possibly, with regard to countries that are ranking lowest in diabetes is the fact that they have a diet which consists of foods that are naturally regulating and helping to promote healthy production of insulin. I had to go to maybe 20-30 different sites to then develop a tentative guess.

2 cautions: be careful with toxic levels of cabbage, which could affect thyroid (at extreme levels) and be careful of toxic levels of fish (if that fish is the kind which is high in mercury or other possible contaminants). If fish oil contains the sulphuric properties that fish does, I would get this, and maybe distilled, but I am not sure which things are distilled out.

I guess that's my medical digression of the day. (and thanks to God for the help)

No comments: