Sunday, September 26, 2010

Reminded of Cat Frat

I was reading the BBC science articles and it reminded me of how I have thought about reporting more on cat behavior but I guess there are already articles out there. Maybe I should write one for a Cat magazine though. What has been interesting to me, is that in very short periods of time with the cats, I've picked up on things before that I never noticed when I was usually around only 1 or 2 cats.

They are smarter than I thought and more socially connected than I thought. The mother knows her grown kittens and still licks them and defends them over the other others. They also know who their Dad is. And I thought male cats just left and didn't care, but it's not true.

The group behavior of all these cats has been interesting and helped me to understand them better, in groups. I feel like Jane Goodall sometimes (just a tiny bit, for a brief moment). But I might write a good article and submit it.

No comments: