Saturday, September 18, 2010

News of the World ? (is this a legitimate paper?)

I think I've heard of Alan Titschmarch before but I don't remember why. I just found this article, while looking up images of people to compare stuff, about Charles "Don't call me potty".

?! I don't know for sure if it's real or not, but it is so funny, I couldn't stop laughing, and thought about the "reported" spat between him and Diana, where he says she's bonkers and she tells him not to tell people he talks to plants.

It reads so funny, and the photo with it is hilarious, with Charles looking very relaxed, non-plused and open (and note corresponding body language...arms open and hands expressive) and then there's Alan, with this strained smile on his face and hands folded.

I don't think it's weird actually. I mean, it's not nuts--a lot of people talk to plants and research actually supports that plants that are talked to, literally do better. Seriously. They've done scientific research to check on it, and it supposedly works.

I think it's sort of endearing, the article, but it is written in such a funny way.

I don't know what "potty" is supposed to mean in the UK though. I wonder if there really is a documentary.

I have to say, if that is the garden, it is incredible. That one, very pretty, with the rock arch in the background.

The way the article is written, didn't know if it was a true story but it's not a big deal, I don't think. To talk to plants at least. I think I used to, a long time ago, or no, I sang to them. When I had a ton of house and porch plants of my own. I read the research back then and that was maybe 10 years ago.

hey! Charlie should invite me over and I'll bring all the cats (I counted 15 so far) and we'll prowl the gardens and sing and give lectures to the plants. We could do a kind of duet with a question-answer theme. I know the cats WOULD LOVE it. I have no doubt. And then we could get all the Queen's corgis to learn to live in peace with the cats too, and I'll feed them out of a can with a spoon if they will allow me to pitch a tent in the backyard. When I get a psychic image, I'll call on my telephone empty soup can line and tell Charlie to climb down the side ladder or meet me in the underground tunnel.

All aboard! Okay, whose on board for this one? Let me see a show of hands.

(all in good fun) :)

We could even link up arms, me and Charlie, and skip around the gardens with umbrellas and trenchcoats, singing, "Singing in the Rain".

I am not going to be in any of the magic sawing-in-the-lady-into-parts acts though. I draw the line.

For some reason, I see Harry and William gawking at the window, looking over the sill, in shock.

Camilla never discusses whether she talks to plants or not. I wonder if she acts as the moderator. And then, I wonder, if they ever have debates, because that could be the perking up part of the plant's session. Camilla could be the moderator and Charlie and I could be on the team against the plants. Every time the plants win a round, Camilla could crack an egg with a little hand-held hammer. It would be like therapy for Camilla too, because she could get back at the eggs that attacked her and her car from out of nowhere one time after a shopping spree. From what I've heard, no one really threw any...they just hurled themselves at her like kamikazee eggs. They talk in really high pitched squeaky voices, like the mice in Cinderella but higher and said, "There she is! there she is! atttaaaacck!"

It was the revenge of The Humpty Dumpty.

anyway, I am just joking around. Killing a small bit of time. I might be funnier, or funny period, if I were not so stressed out.

UPDATE: I looked up "potty" and found that it means "eccentric" or "mad" in UK slang or informal use. Sort of made me laugh again.

No comments: