Saturday, September 18, 2010

With Respect To Russia--Georgia

I don't know anything about the politics involving Russia and Georgia with their conflict but I do think they have a right to address the UN.

If Georgians were acting as an active terrorist threat, constantly endangering lives of Russians, I could understand the war. But if it is true they've been discriminated against, this will maybe have a chance to allow for both sides of the story.

I say it tentatively, because I don't know anything about that conflict.

But I do believe if there is no sort of "independent" (in some sense of the word, though politics are in everything) review, or ability for people to have such a review, the shock and devastation of possibly being innocent and not having any recourse would incite further problems or might allow some who are much stronger to override everything that a smaller group is about.

I have not read about any of the politics so I don't know, but it kept coming to my mind. Putin, and then Georgia. (not that one is responsible or against the other but just thinking bc it goes with Russia news). A feeling of consideration and just feeling very objective and not against any party or wishing for anyone to be ahead of another, but just thinking, I hope this UN review is seen as a means to a better peace, and not further conflict. Just a right to be heard kind of thing. I saw a foreign minister warned against it and I don't think anyone could really understand better than Russians and Georgians but maybe a full opportunity to be heard is something to allow. And that has nothing to do with Putin either, it just came to mind because in looking up wardrobe stuff, I saw a few headlines. I didn't read any articles except one this evening, from the viewpoint of Lavrov and then I read the wiki on Georgia and that's it.

On another note, I am wondering if I will be right about what Putin is wearing!

No comments: