Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Man In Charge Of BBC Science Articles

The guy responsible for the science articles for the BBC has a political agenda and a fine sense of humor.

I never thought that science could be so amusing. One minute I'm reading about endangered freshwater turtles that are dying and then it's the sad plight of "nuisance" pests that encroach on british terrain, like the "ruddyduck" with the turquoise bill featured prominently, and then it's about "long haul birds" and how the "warming" factors will affect where they go. How they might need to go south rather than north.

Seriously, it reads like an "ours"-"theirs" line and is so tongue-in-cheek I'm sure no one who is authentically british would think I could pick up on any of it. Since I'm "American" I must not grasp the subtleties of sarcasm.

All of the other sections mind their ps and qs but not the BBC science section.

I will have to discover who is writing these articles. And then consider who would be most interested in reading them, and get the most out of the satire. I am quite sure "long haul birds" are the most fascinating and relevant topic in the science world at present. That one is by Mark Kinver. Will have to go back and find out who wrote the other ones and who the editor is.

This is when I have to say "Go U.S.A." and wonder what in the world has been going on, because why would I have a lot of problems from UK and Canadian direction? Maybe because I'm not a team player or a hooker? Not "pretty woman" enough so I need to have people imported from the other side to join in on screwing me over? no, it's not even UK at ALL. It is just a very few select who, for some reason, feel I am a threat of some kind or was a threat of some kind. It's not that many, they just have loud voices and money.

Anyway, what I have to say on cat behavior, is far more interesting than Kinver's article.

I can't find any bio on Mark Kinver. I will continue to look. It might be more interesting to make guesses about him. But I'll try if I can't find anything else first.

I write this and then go back and get an ad about making "the retirement cornerstone part of your retirement plan".

Anyway. I think it's more of someone's editorial decision and the way someone chooses to write the titles. I cannot find anything about the man. Just his articles.

No comments: