Monday, April 16, 2012

Letter to Dryden Post Office to Compensate Oliver Garrett

April 16, 2012
P.O. Box 505
Coquille, Oregon 97423
Email: cameocares@live.com



Dryden Post Office
6828 Dryden Ave.
Dryden, WA 98821-9800

Re: Unlawful withholding of mail

To Whom It May Concern:

I took mail to the U.S. Postal Service in Coquille, Oregon and had it weighed and paid for the cost to mail it to Dryden, Washington. The total was 65 cents, which was paid in full.

I am told your Dryden branch of U.S. Postal Service refused to give my son, who is 5 years old, his mail unless his guardian paid your worker an additional amount, above and beyond the cost of the letter.

I believe the appropriate remedy is to refund the additional monies you charged, and since it is costing me postage to even address this problem, I would ask for compensation of my costs in time and expense by providing an option to my son to select some number of whichever single stamps he likes best, or receive cash instead, and/or whatever other remedy you feel would be satisfactory to both a child, his current guardian, and his mother (me).

Thank you for your time and please respond to me and the party I name below, within 20 business days.

Oliver Garrett (Avila)
c/o Holly and Pablo Avila
P.O. Box 284
Dryden, WA 98821

Sincerely,

Cameo L. Garrett

No comments: