Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hexavalent Chromium Poisoning of Dicksie-Dael Garrett

This is a letter I sent today. I have already blogged about this, and first brought it to attention before the class action was brought to a judgment. My mother is affected with the exact same thing and they were exposed to U.S. Army Corp Engineers at the same time. The first outbreak was, I believe, around the time I reported FBI agent Raul Bujanda and Garza or before. My mother saw a woman dermatologist in Portland, Oregon.

Chromium Poisoning Incidence In Oregon
LOREE Garrett
3:37 PM (3 minutes ago)
to kbrown, dicksiedael, bob-garrett

Hi Dr. Brown,

I am writing to you about a reported incidence of chromium poisoning
that has affected enough individuals in Oregon that a class action
lawsuit has been filed.

This is important news for you as it manifests with what is
coloquially known as "crome sores" and is a presentation any
dermatologist may be unprepared for. The name and case number for the
class action is Rocky Bixby, et al. v. KBR, Inc., et al., No. 09-632,
D. Ore. A judgement was awarded on November 2, 2012 for persons in
Oregon who were affected by the chromium toxin.

The signs of chromium poisoning are difficult to detect, however, by
combining an exam with the patient's report and photos of other
examples, it is not impossible to identify. Chromium sores will occur
along the line of veins, once it enters the bloodstream. The sore
rise into what feels like a hardened callous, and are uniformly round.
Once the eruption is made, the sore then develops a scab and recedes
back down, to repeat the cycle. They look like plantars warts but
they are not plantars warts. They have a small circular recessed spot
which is similiar, but while plantars warts persist until frozen off
or they disappear, these harden into a scab, and recede, and then
erupt again repeatedly, cycling more rapidly than most skin disorders.
The symptoms a patient will report is itchiness.

My mother is one of your patients. She has been to 5 different
dermatologists who have all not known what it is or have assumed it is
a form of wart. I saw these on my Mom and looked up medical
dictionaries online with photos of dermatological disorders and the
one that matched by both photo and patient description is hexavalent
chromium poisoning. I then found photos of the same thing occuring in
places like India, and they are identical to what my mother has on her
feet. After this, I wondered if there were any examples of chromium
poisoning in the State of Oregon and this is when I uncovered a
lawsuit that was pending, for hexavalent chromium poisoning of persons
in Oregon.

This occured to my mother at the same time these other individuals
presented to a doctor for the first time with their own evidence of
chrome sores. The timing of incidence matches the timing of occurance
of these sores in my mother.

I explained this to her and sent her photos but she felt intimidated
from suggesting this kind of thing to a dermatologist.

However, I feel that any dermatologist who is seeing my mother, should
be aware of the surrounding events and possibilities, and test my
mother for this. It requires bloodwork. In addition to the outbreak
which first occured to my mother, she had another outbreak after a
group of U.S. Army Corp Engineers were at their house to inspect the
house for land-water use. It was several months that there were back
and forth with my parents on the property.

I am asking you to test my mother (with her consent) for chromium
poisoning. I am also sharing this information as any dermatologist in
this State should be aware of the case history.

Please see a short description of symptoms following my signature.

Additionally, my mother has developed keratinitis of the eye, which is
another symptom of progression of chrome poisoning.

Thanks,

Cameo L. Garrett



Symptoms of Chromium Poisoning
http://www.thompsons.law.co.uk/workplace-illnesses-and-diseases/chromium-related-illness-personal-injury.htm

Health problems associated with Chromium Poisoning

All chromium compounds may cause dermatitis and some may cause
occupational asthma. They can also cause chrome ulcers which form
little holes in the skin. They are not very painful and will heal
naturally but they can cause problems if infected.

Short-term effects of exposure to chromium compounds include
irritation and inflammation of the nose and upper respiratory tract,
and burns if there is contact with the skin. The inhalation of a large
concentration of hexavalent compounds may lead to coughing, wheezing,
inspiratory pain, fever and loss of weight.

If a worker is exposed to chromium compounds for a long time, they may
suffer damage to the nose or chronic rhinitis and bronchitis.
Long-term exposure can also lead to conjunctivitis, keratitis and
ulcerations on the eyelids. Chromium (V1) compounds are more dangerous
than other compound. They are irritants and are also corrosive and
inhaled chromium VI can cause lung irritation, obstruction and,
possibly, lung cancer.

Prolonged skin contact may lead to irritation and, if skin damage is
extensive, sufficient of the compound may be absorbed to cause renal
damage and death.

If you have been exposed to Chromium at work or in the environment you
may be able to make a Chromium Poisoning Compensation Claim.

[Back to Top]

Diagnosis of Chromium Poisoning

How will I know if my exposure to Chromium has caused me harm?

If you suspect that you may have been exposed to chromium, you should
seek medical advice immediately. Simple tests will be able to
establish if you have been affected by the chromium at all and
treatment is available to attempt to limit the damage caused.

Chronic low-level chromium poisoning frequently does not produce
obvious symptoms. A blood test, urinalysis and liver tests are used in
cases of suspected chromium poisoning to test the chromium levels in
the blood and urine.

No comments: