Friday, April 23, 2010

Copy of Email About HPRP Dishonesty

I am not allowed at any of those "shelters" and I am questioning why you didn't set up a time to conference call with HUD.

I am also curious about where the document is, which you said you have, that prevents this program for paying for hotel for housing.

First you claimed a place had to be lined up and that one was just getting into it and then you changed your tune and said the program didn't pay for this at all, for use of hotel.

I have checked with all federal and state workers and so far, what I'm hearing is that this is allowed so I would like to see the document you told me you had which you'd pass onto me.

And no, I have not called on that rental yet because I was looking up and making contact on several other places. You were telling me it wasn't even guaranteed he'd rent to me and made it sound unreliable, so I thought I should look at other things.

The point of the program is to immediately prevent homelessness, not put people into that situation again because of dishonesty and an inability to be forthcoming about what the program really covers and the discretionary means from which it may be operated.

Thanks.

Cameo



Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:12:25 -0700
Subject: Housing
From: lindap@cdcac.org
To: cameocares@live.com


Hi Cameo

I just wanted to remind you that this is your last night at the motel that the Community Action Emergency Rental Assistance Program was able to pay for.

The last time I talked with Paul Volkman who had a 2 bedroom apartment available that I had given you last week and again this week, he said that he hadn't heard from you yet.

If you haven't located anything else then you could check in the Wenatchee World on line and/or Craigs list.

If you need a place after tonight for temporary shelter you might want to contact the Bruce Housing, YWCA, or Haven of Hope. Those are the local shelters in the area.
--
Linda Price
Housing Program Director
Chelan-Douglas Community Action Council
620 Lewis Street
Wenatchee, WA 98801
509-662-6156
509-662-1737 FAX
http://www.cdcac.org/

No comments: