Saturday, April 24, 2010

Copy of Attempt to Access PSU Financial Aid Counselor

I am not sure that I will have any luck getting through with my former college and I guess if I have much trouble getting basics, I might not want to attach my name to a degree from this school. My problems began in Oregon and so far, I don't know that they've been resolved. How many times does someone have to ask for a personal contact for financial aid matters? Then again, I don't know who my email is being received by because no one is attaching a name. I had significant problems with some of the people in financial aid at PSU. I had to work at finding the right person who was willing to help me. I am just wondering if it will be a nightmare all over again unless I get to the right person. I may have to find another college that actually wants credit for taking part in my education, and what I accomplish or have accomplished, rather than mess with this if it takes too long. I am even wondering if I can get around going to a U.S. college if I continue to have problems and just go to a college abroad by distance. I don't know what country has colleges with online programs for international use though. My attempts below:


RE: [Financial Aid] financial counselors‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Sat 4/24/10 9:29 PM
To: askfa@pdx.edu

Attachments: 1 attachment
psu_signa...gif (1.4 KB)

Hello,

Thank you. However, I would like to be referred to a personal financial aid counselor so I am able to speak with the same person about my personal financial matters rather than 10 different people.

If you could let me know who my contact should be, so I can work with one person, that would be great. I would also prefer that if I'm getting responses, a name is attached so there is some responsibility and accountability attached to our correspondence.

Thanks a lot.

Cameo Garrett

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:50:03 -0700
From: askfa@pdx.edu
To: cameocares@live.com
Subject: Re: [Financial Aid] financial counselors

Use this email address to email us with questions you may have.
You can also reach us by phone at 503-725-3461.

Thank you for choosing Portland State University as your home for higher education
Office of Student Financial Aid

Portland State University logo



503-725-3461
1-800-547-8887
503-725-5965 Fax
askfa@pdx.edu
www.pdx.edu/finaid


cam huegenot wrote:

Hello,

Thank you! I won't be able to come in bc i'm from out of the area but could i email someone in financial aid?

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:27:00 -0700
From: askfa@pdx.edu
To: cameocares@live.com
Subject: Re: [Financial Aid] financial counselors

Hi Cameo,

Please feel free to come by our office to speak to a Financial Aid officer about your options. We are open from 9-5:30, M-T and 9-5 on Fridays. We have walk in appointments available from 10-3:40.

I would suggest contacting our English Department to inquire about your options regarding distance learning. You can find contact information at www.pdx.edu.

Thank you for choosing Portland State University as your home for higher education
Office of Student Financial Aid

Portland State University logo



503-725-3461
1-800-547-8887
503-725-5965 Fax
askfa@pdx.edu
www.pdx.edu/finaid


cameocares@live.com wrote:

Cameo Garrett sent a message using the contact form at http://www.pdx.edu/contact.

Hello,

Could you please put me in touch with someone in financial aid? I have some questions about trying to possibly finish my degree with PSU but need to talk with someone about my financial aid situation and also, I need a contact in the English Lit or supervisory department (maybe even the independent program) to find out if I could possibly finish my degree in English Lit by distance with someone who might be willing to work with me.

Otherwise, I will have to finish my degree elsewhere but I thought I'd see if there is an opportunity to do this with PSU since I'm almost done.

Sincerely,

Cameo

No comments: