Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Visit With My Son

My visit with my son went really well. He looked good too, better than last time. He still did a few things I don't get but I had a lot of fun with him.

I bought some balloons and they were smiley face balloons but then when I couldn't coax him out from doing his "hiding things and himself grouchy" game, I decided to spark his interest in something that went BOOM!

Animals distract him from wanting to act out a little bit or play the mad game or game where he takes things and hides them (which I'm sure someone taught him to do). Or if I come up with a good and interesting idea.

So I said, "Oliver, there's going to be a reeaaaally loud noise because I'm going to pop a balloon!" and that got him curious enough to come out and after the first big BOOM he wanted to do it with all the balloons except one. I think I might buy a whole huge bag and let him do this. I let him pop them with the end of a safety pin, under my supervision and instruction.

No comments: