Sunday, April 18, 2010

Music: Go Senders

I'll write down whatever songs come to mind for a little while but I don't feel very inspired.

Monserrrat's hijo de la luna came to mind so I'm listening to this now.

Go senders, see if I get what you send. Maybe it will be coincidence but maybe not.

Listening to hijo de la luna again.

Halfway through the song the first time I got the impression of a man crying again or trying not to and that put tears in my own eyes. It wasn't my sadness...I got the impression and the face again and then that's what did it. It's the exact same image I got before. It's that one, and I don't know why it's tied to this song.

Listening to it a 3rd time.

Now I get that it's more than one man with tears. Some from this country and some not from this country. And with that, sadness sort of lifting. I know this was right.

Not getting other songs to mind. One day, I got all these ideas and songs and everything was very unexpected but today I don't feel like many are channeling that energy to me and it's a Sunday and most are not at desks or at work but out and about.

China Doll by Bowie came to mind. Wait, maybe it's not by Bowie...have to find it. Got that idea at 11:18 a.m. PST and got the name of the guy: Billy Idol. No, maybe it's bowie? arrhh, have to find it. Bowie and China Girl.

Something about a song called "Black Magic". I am not sure because I found Black Magic Woman but I don't know if there are others so I have to check. Got that at 11:26 or so PST.

I don't know if it's for That Old Black Magic or Black Magic Woman or another one. I have no idea. There are other more obscure songs by the same title. I guess I'll go with the old one first and then Santana. Sinatra and then Santana but maybe it was for a totally different song. I guess I'll post clips too.

Well, this isn't sung by Sinatra but here's a cover:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnUbTOS3naE

Here's the Sinatra version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CApeWaTkl5k&NR=1

Another cat. Raaahhhwwwrr. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7pi1fQtliM

The next one is embarrassingly random. Sixteen Going On Seventeen from Sound of Music. 11:46 a.m.

I got this one which isn't the original but the first one I clicked on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKp8J0AV9aE

Here is the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXRu9qfwTxY (oh, broadway original...liked it though).

Then I got something about about "there's a train" and then "hear the whistle" and I am not sure whether I would choose a train song or hear the whistle blow a 100 miles. But first I got chim-chimmeny but didn't want to go to that one. I think this is just me, not senders, but who knows. Maybe my son is playing with a train. I have no idea. There's a Train Coming by Jeff Beck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omjS9QxZ-8w

Jeff Beck and Joss Stone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7ECdYboOVA&feature=related

I really like her second one but even more this guitar instrumental. Which I'm listening to again and then I think I'll find another version of this song "People Get Ready". I find myself listening to this instrumental by Jeff Beck again. I usually like having lyrics too, but something felt important about this song. Maybe this song, played by him. I don't know.

I also got this image of a woman swaying, sitting, but swaying to this song. In a house, but sitting relaxed and maybe singing with a couple of people around but a small group maybe, sort of campfire style but I think in a house. I guess tons of people probably did this, if it's a 70s song. A bunch of hippies. For some reason, I have to say it, I can see Diana but I don't know if it's because I read something somewhere. I see her sitting with one leg crossed over the other. Which is how I'm sitting now and how a lot of people sit but for some reason, singing with a small group of people around. I want to say she sang this with a group doing non-profit work or in a house somewhere. I like this one too, which I think I first heard on the East Coast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeU9MZc0dGw. For some reason, I can see my mother singing this or being around it, when she was really young and had really long blond hair but I can't really picture my mom doing this but my mother also came to mind though I've no idea she was ever singing or around this song. I guess it makes me think of the 1972 Olympics scene with all those hippies and their picnic music on the lawn. I think I need to find out when this song was written or popular. I have an idea but I am too insecure to write it out.

I want to say Di heard or sang this with Canadians once and then dismissed the idea but then wondered again when I saw that a Canadian made it popular again in 1997. Like, Canadians or some Red Cross group or something. I like this Curtis Mayfield version too.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQqTxK7VhSk

Just got the song "No Air" by Jordin Sparks at 12:44 a.m. I know that one was sent. I haven't thought about that song or heard it for almost a year until this moment. That song has not come to mind or been heard for about that long and I totally forgot about it. Then I got, "tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air" like I heard the first line of that song. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have issues and make fun, but I wanted to write this out to confirm to someone else who is serious, about what I got. Bc those who are serious about it need the confirmation. Listening to it a second time.

I got "Shoop" by salt n peppa but I think that it's just me bc I've been listening to it a lot and I think it naturally came to mind. So I tried to clear my mind to get something else but will just go with shoop for now. 12:57 a.m.

(I'mnot just wasting time, I'm looking for apartments too)

The only thing that came to mind now which I couldnt shake was "Jeremiah" and I don't kow what about so thought "Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog?" So listening to that and then will see what other references to Jeremiah there might be. Time is now 13:00. I just found something by a group called Jeremiah and "Birthday Sex" and I think I've heard this song before but didn't know the group name. YEP! that's a song I've heard. I had no idea it was by a group called Jeremiah. I have never heard anything by Jeremiah before or clicked on them on my own before. So, this was probably really sent too. All I got was Jeremiah--that was it. I don't know for sure what song but there are some songs associated with that name. And i've heard this one a lot even though I haven't selected it myself. I didn't know there reference toa broom in it though. He says she is without her broom. Hmm. No self-respecting witch would be without her broom in bed.

Now got something about Tyrone but don't know what. I'll wait a minute before looking anything up. 13:16. i have no idea. There's a lot of Tyrone stuff. I also got Xanadu right after, by Olivia Newton John. But want to find something Tyrone.

Well this is hiliarious. The one I clicked on was Tyrone Davis: Kiss you where I miss you and I think it's reeeeeaaaally old school: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWxdSW1ehkc. I am just playing stuff not sent, I am sure. But this is cracking me up. Tyrone Davis' "In the Mood". So 70s.
***************************
I have seen "junk haulers" go past me about a million times and tons of people driving by plugging their noses and I can only imagine what is being done to my belongings that people in town are well aware of.
*****************
Got "Get Up, Stand Up"--13:44. Bob Marley.

I don't know why I'm getting 70s. I had that phrase: touch me in the morning...by I can't remember who it's by. Diana Ross. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa-mjjdt24g. 13:48. I heard this whole first sentence but I hardly ever listen to or think of 70s. Oh no, now Sweet Caroline. 13:53. Had to listen to it a second time. I don't know why. It cracks me up sort of but it's good too. BlAST BLAST BLAST with the horns and I see all these people at some wedding reception or kareoke bar. Then "Wouldn't it be nice" by Beach Boys. What's weird is I got that right after Sweet Caroline the first time but I wanted to hear it again so I played it again and then after it was over the second time, I still got "wouldn't it be nice". Then, "Little Lies" by Fleetwood Mac. 14:04. Got the idea of "Pour Some Sugr on Me" but didn't want to listen to it so then it was "I Get Around" by Beach Boys again. Then that song about "I would want 500 miles and I would walk 500 more..." It's The Proclaimers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM0sTNtWDiI. I love this song! I look at this video and it really makes me laugh and want to shout this song. It just cracks me up. He looks like Ralphie.

"Rain" by Madonna. 14:23. I prayed to have my mind clear to get what someone was sending directly so they knew I got it. Maybe it doesn't mean this is a good or bad person one way or the other, but I got the song. Then Kyrie by Mr. Mister. I feel distracted by this one...like I forget what i'm doing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNKbHJ3PTu4. This one makes me think of a sword. There must be a movie with this song and a sword in it. Like the Holy Grail, Arthurian sword thing. Except almost plunging into something or a rock or something instead of drawing out. Probably someone somewhere is jousting or taking lessons with weapons--who knows.

Here's some music for the idiots who get away with this, and hopefully not for long: Liberace's Beer Barrel Polka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ao8vIrzYto

I had the name "eckart" that kept coming to me today but didn't want to look it up. Found an Eric Eckart. A song called "Happy" I brought up but I do not like the video at all. He sings okay but I don't like looking at him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnK5Mbw7i80

Done with the music sending or receiving thing. I felt like it was there for a short time but I'm too tired to do this right now. But I definitely know I got a few things so hopefully it was good confirmation for someone testing things themself if they were. Quite sure someone was.

I had "amelia" come to mind but have no idea at all so I found this song Baba Karam by a singer named Amelia who's actually good.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-arwcnFqS8. I actually really like her, or this song at least for a first listen even though I have no idea what she's singing about. I see a song about "black cats" by someone else next to it and I was thinking, maybe after looking up some of her music, I would look up cat songs. All things cats.

Oh, I like this. By The Black Cats..Ey Daad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nSOEJ-KD1E&feature=fvw

Both of these are Persian, in Farsi, (Iranian). It doesn't even matter it's in another language, it's straight up good music. Good rhythm with the rapping too. I actually think I like the rapping part torwards the end best of all. It flows really well with the language. I like the part where it is faster, at the last half of the rapping bit. Listening to this makes me think of Persian food...so good, especially in Bethesda, Maryland they had some good places. Iranian food is delicious. I am trying to find a translation for "ey daad" but I can't find it yet and haven't tried looking for the other one.

I tried to go to google in Persian and couldn't do it and I tried translate with different languages and it wouldn't come up either. I cannot find the lyrics or a way to translate the words. Spent a half hour looking. When I try the persian-english dictionaries, it turns the english into the script of persian, but it doesn't give me the meaning.

I am fixated on finding a translation service now and still looking. Listened to that song a million times and then went back to Sweet Caroline. I don't know why. It's sort of camp but good fun camp--I love the horns. It makes me feel like Bridget Jones.

This is a beautiful song too, slow one but I like the nuances in the beginning: Dooset Daram by Maziyar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDx9CpEG3s8&feature=PlayList&p=5136F87E166666CC&playnext_from=PL&playnext=3&index=54

I want to sing this one. I looked up the first part and I don't know any of it except the title, Dooset Daram, means "I love you" in Persian. Here is a translation I found of the song, from Persian to English. Or, Iranian to English It's really beautiful:
i love you
u are the wall ( or the way) i pray to
ur the one that i bring everything to

now im in love
yes im in love
ur friend in my way(roads)
i hope i dont
love any one else
ur the one i could say everything to

your i love you's
makes me wanna stay
to my tired voice
make me strong to sing

oh how much i love you
i want you big like this hole world
i want u as much as the stars in the sky

now im in love
yes im in love
ur friend in my way(roads)
i hope i dont
love any one else
ur the one i could say everything to

yes im in love

the sweet look in your eyes
????????
make me crazy
????????????????
oh floor of the garden of my heart
ur the eye light of my heart
i'v fallen in love with you
i only beleive in you

now

oh how much i love you
i want you big like this hole world
i want u as much as the stars in the sky

now im in love
yes im in love
ur friend in my way(roads)
i hope i dont
love any one else
ur the one i could say everything to

now im in love
yes im in love
ur friend in my way(roads)
i hope i dont
love any one else
ur the one i could say everything to

your i love you's
makes me wanna stay
to my tired voice
make me strong to sing

oh how much i love you
i want you big like this hole world
i want u as much as the stars in the sky

now im in love
yes im in love
ur friend in my way(roads)
i hope i dont
love any one else
ur the one i could say everything to

oh how much


Select ratingMachine TranslatedOkayGoodGreatPoetic
Machine TranslatedOkayGoodGreatPoetic. .From: http://lyricstranslate.com From: http://lyricstranslate.com

Oh wait. Maybe I have the lyrics for a different dooset. But hey, this one is beautiful too. I have the lyrics for one by Omid and have to see if it's the same as the one by Maziyar. When I hear music like this, from different countries, it elevates me above all the petty and ridiculous mess I have to wade through here. I feel back to reality--a more diverse reality. There are very simple people who have low paying jobs who appreciate other cultures and music and art and then there are those who will mock anything they don't understand. I don't care what country it is, it's just nice to hear new things in different languages. So I'll have to find the right translation though. I think I found it--the one associated with Maziar or Maziyar and it's equally beautiful:
this is my translation

I love you so much
My love to you is burning like a fever
each second and each night i am full of your love
i love u till tomorrow. i love you till the sea
maybe i will see u again in my dreams.

the time is like poppies
the minutes are in love.
in all these minutes i love you till the rain
the groups of stars are on the shoulder of the night
even if there is no tomorrow i will still love you
I love you so much
My love to you is burning like a fever
each second and each night i am full of your love
i love u till tomorrow. i love you till the sea
maybe i will see u again in my dreams.
**********
I don't know what the words are to this one but it brought tears to my eyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDZoWnhZDe4&feature=watch_response_rev
Majnoone Leili
***********
I found this Arabic or Persian story in association I think and I love the second painting of Majnun in the Wilderness.

I somehow got this song to play double, on one youtube version and then another version and it overlapped and it was actually beautiful, and haramonious and sort of mystical and then as the bells rang, the two different strains then became discordant and then when the one version quit it went back to the other at this perfect moment...it was gorgeous. a gorgeous accident. here is the other version--same thing but on a different site:
http://apnaview.com/y/ivvNEvz24Sw/Majnoone-Leili-Mazyar-Falahi

The problem is, I wouldn't kow how to time it right to cause it again...I didn't plan it. But the way it happened was really perfect and interesting timing.
************
I saw this video for some reason awhile ago. But I clicked on it again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR5V3dPz1jQ
I don't want to say this one is like salsa but it sort of reminds me of latin american music. Just a little bit. I have played this now at least a dozen times...I don't know, it's catchy.
**********
got something about eloraine or el lorraine or something and thought maybe it was for this elinore or eleanor, my friend's daughter but found a lorraine who sings spanish songs "maybe el lorraine" and also opera. lorraine hunt lieberson. this is the first song I picked randomly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFmwEPKNGgo
Lorraine Hunt-Lieberson at Ravinia- Handel: Giulio Cesare- Son nata a Lagrimar. I don't know where this is from though...I can't find the exact title in the list on wiki. At the end of the aria she says "A spiritual deep river..." ?! I don't know what from. for the amount of randomness to my choosing things, i sure get a LOT of rivers and river images.
**************
I keep listening to this one by Handel. I really like it, and the more I listen to it even though it's supposed to be sad. Still trying to find the lyrics translation. At first I thought the first voice was a little too far back in the throat to my liking but then I actually liked her and the pairing of the two is...divine?

No comments: