Friday, April 23, 2010

Sending Forwards of 50+ Apartment Inquiries to HPRP

I have documented at least 30-40 inquiries for this week and that is just on newer things that came up. I am forwarding all these emails to Linda at HPRP and then will be forwarding over email contacts I made to get into housing beginning one month ago.

I have at least 50 more email contacts to forward her to show my efforts at getting housing in this town. I made a lot of phone calls too, but this isn't documented.

I am documenting this because in the past, the very recent past, I spent over 3 months looking at apartments and houses and filling out applications and for this entire time I had landlords jerking me around--telling me to wait a week and then the place would be mine and then they'd back out and I had to start all over again. I found out it had nothing to do with my credit or refs because no one was even calling my references though they claimed they were. I spent 3 months being jerked around which kept me in a state of limbo and made it look bad for my custody case.

Every landlord I've had in this town, has come in illegally and trespassed without any grounds or notice for entering the apartment. Zero written notice and no emergencies.

So I feel this problem can be eliminated at least temporarily, through using monies for staying at a hotel until something is found. It doesn't make any sense to use the program money otherwise.

I asked for a copy of what the city got from the State and, to date, they have given me nothing in writing. If they have such a rule, where is it? Why isn't it forthcoming?

No comments: