Monday, April 2, 2012

Interference with Web Search

I typed in a search for craigslist that had a Seattle address and it was through Bing search, which I didn't choose but just went with it for that time. I clicked on it and instead of getting the Seattle craigslist, which is official and what the link says, it gave me the town of: "Goa".

Which has nothing to do with Washington state or Seattle or the link I clicked on. I was redirected maliciously to "Goa" in Eastern India.

This is the kind of thing that happened all the time, in addition to torture, beginning in 2006-2007 with my son.

I am cut and pasting what I clicked on, to show I am not imagining I chose a link that should have gone to Seattle:

craigslist: seattle-tacoma classifieds for jobs, apartments ...
www.craigslist.org · Official site
craigslist provides local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events

Florida
California
Texas
New York State
Ohio
North Carolina
Pennsylvania
Los Angeles

I put the link that was online, which I clicked on, in italics to show exactly how it came up.

After I posted this, it went to the correct location but it went to "Goa" twice when I directly clicked on Seattle. And then after I blogged about it, it was removed and then when I went back to the page, a new link was there, and with a different color as if I'd clicked on that one already, and it was my mistake. It wasn't my mistake.

No comments: