Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Sexy 40s-50s

I think the 40s and 50s clothes were almost sexier than they are now. I see some of these old movies, and what the women are wearing is almost more alluring or sensual, in my opinion, than the bare flesh now. This movie, "Woman in the Window", she's wearing a black dress with a nude shell beneath which makes her appear like she's not wearing anything under a sheer top. It's incredible, and it's perfect for this noir look with the black and white because it just enhances everything.

It reminds me of Marilyn Monroes "Happy Birthday" dress. I mean, I don't think anything is more shocking than that.

They left something to the imagination but definitely led the imagination on. I don't know what year this movie is, it mght be earlier than the 40s? I don't know.

I just think these dresses from that era are so stylish and classic and figure flattering, and in my opinion, they're more shocking than seeing bare cleavage. They use a lot of illusion. Nothing is revealed. I guess it's more playing with shape and tricks of the mind.

There's that Marilyn Monroe dress in the movie where she is in the yaht too. I can't remember off-hand which one that is, but she gets into the boat in this dress that sort of sparkles and gives the illusion of nudity almost but she's not.

No comments: